Thinking about a sewing / quilting subscription box? There are several choices, but in the end I went with Stash Builder Box.
Watch me open the July 2016 box, and talk through my decision to go with SBB over Fat Quarter Shop’s Sew Sampler and Quilty Box.
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY VIDEOS! http://bit.ly/2hlQx6x If you enjoyed this video, the best way to support making more like this is to subscribe. You’ll be notified about my latest videos – plus it’s free!
More about (MEGA) Stash Builder Box – details are directly from the website:
- We are a monthly quilting subscription box that ships worldwide. Each box includes 3 one yard cuts, a pattern, notions and thread delivered to you for only $44.95 + $6 USA shipping (there are better deals on prepaid options)
- Every month, our items differ. For our fabric, we pick collections from Cloud9, Art Gallery, Riley Blake + more!
- Your box purchase makes a difference! 20% of your purchase helps buy supplies so our Heart Builders team can make quilts for kids in need
- If you’d like to get involved directly in the quilt making process, we have a Heart Builders program that is made up of volunteers who help our cause
- There are no membership fees or contracts. Because our box is a monthly box, it can be cancelled or paused anytime
- Our box is perfect for all skill levels & a great way to build up your stash of quilting supplies while giving back to those in need
Month-to-Month Comparison: (U.S. address)
MEGA Stash Builder Box – $44.95 + $6 shipping = $50.95
Fat Quarter Shop’s Sew Sampler – $24.95 + $4.95 shipping = $29.90
Quilty Box – $48 + FREE shipping
(There are other options out there, but these are the three I most seriously considered participating in)
To research each subscription program, I checked out several months of previous boxes to see what type of items and fabric were offered. Then I chose Stash Builder Box because I felt it best suited my personal tastes – fresh and modern prints/solids.
All in all, I do think all of these boxes represent a good value – but because fabric selection is such a subjective factor – feel you would be best served choosing based on style. Are you into traditional, modern, or shabby chic? Then be sure that box generally steers toward that direction. You don’t want to end up with a pile of fabric and notions that will never be used.
Wanted to add that this is NOT a sponsored post, and I paid for this product myself – no input was added by Stash Builder Box or the other companies mentioned.
MORE STASH BUILDER BOX UNBOXING VIDEOS:
Couple of updates…
Stash Builder Box has changed the boxes/pricing – get the details here!
And now the Maxie Mail box!
SIGN UP HERE – these boxes are $35 USD + $5 shipping (only to US currently) – Use coupon code “Sewingreport” for 10% off your first box!
Maxie Mail is a subscription box for sewists that comes right to your door every month, filled to the brim with inspiration that will include fabrics, patterns, new ideas and tools to help you be successful in your sewing room. But perhaps most importantly, my motivation for this box is to help you build your skill set so that you are able to take on any project your heart can dream up! There will even be something personal tucked inside, just to celebrate YOU!
Talk to me: