Interested in learning how to sew? Here are 5 tips on getting started!
Comprehensive sewing resource guide: http://www.sewingreport.com/resources/
1) What do you want to sew? Garments, quilts, home decor – there are countless forms of sewing and each one is very different. Figure out what you want to make
2) Do some research – YouTube, Craftsy, sewing blogs are all great to check out and explore
3) Buy or borrow a sewing Machine – I recommend an entry level modern machine like the Brother SE 400 http://amzn.to/2aZBbD0
4) Get comfortable with the sewing machine – get someone who knows how to show you, take a class either online or in person, or choose a machine that has lots of online tutorials and resources
5) Start with an easy beginner friendly project like a pillowcase, throw pillows, place mats, or baby blanket – there are countless free tutorials on YouTube and Pinterest
Already sew? Feel free to share this post with a friend if they’re not quite sure how to get started.
DISCLAIMER: This website contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This help support Sewing Report and allows me to continue to create content like this. Thank you for the support!
Talk to me: